Application examples in the automotive repair sector
An accelerometric sensor is put on the workpiece through the most appropriate method, in this case magnetic supportive to the bodywork of the vehicle.
The analysis Software is set for the specific need in the reporting of a car repairing.
Several activity “thresholds” can be set in order to identify the type of activity done (ex. lifting of the platform or starting of the engine).
When the processing is assigned and the technician starts to work on the vehicle, the Software starts the real activity of data analyses.
The processing involve some specific activities, such as switching on the vehicle, going up and down from the lift, dissemble some parts of the vehicle and so on.
The detector collects the action’s feedback produced by the worker in real time. The sample is then sent to an analysing system which quantifies and qualifies the produced action.
When there is no worker’s activity on the vehicle, the missing vibrations are calculated as “inactivity” are shown by the software in real time.
Furthermore, at the end of the processing cycle, it is possible to create a detailed analysis on quantity, temporal collocation and times of the inactivity cycles, in order to improve the processes.
Application examples in the manufacturing sector
We are evaluating the efficiency of a production cycle for a processing phase of one piece that comprehends pressing and welding.
One or more accelerators are put on the machines that work on the production cycles, whether only made by machines or mixed with human operator.
The system that is set to report several different vibrations as several actions, allows us to visualize the different activities and the passive time that happens between these while the processing cycle.
At the end of the processing cycle it is possible to realize detailed analysis on the quantity, on the temporal collocation and inactivity phases, in order to improve the processes and verify the effective efficiency through the repetition of the detection.
Practical example of possible analyzes:
- Total work-cycle duration (start – end)
- Activity level and temporal collocation by level
- ηα: Active efficiency (T active work / T beginning – end): real activity level during the whole work action, purified from inactivity time
- ηg: Global efficiency (T active work / T presence): active paid- time exploitation
- % of inactivity during processing (T passive / T start-end)
- Activity thresholds% of activity by levels
- Complete Cycles counting during processing
- Quantity and type of operations
- Minimum, Medium and Max stop duration, stop frequency and timing
- Scientific quantification of process inefficiencies during the operation.
- Work process on-time correction
- Productivity and profit margin increasement.
- Scientific support in managing operators.